The T&H sector has not been immune from the growing amount of damage, theft and vandalism in our community which seems to be getting worse not better. The impact to us includes:
- increasing cost from vandalism and graffiti
- increasing losses due to theft
- increasing insurance premiums
- expensive commercial security systems that do not really focus on our requirements
Recent trials of a more expensive but less functional generic, building site security solution have demonstrated the real ability to massively reduce unauthorised site access.
There is a great opportunity for us to develop a solution we can share across the T&H sector.
In Victoria we have commenced developing a portable security system specifically designed for typical T&H railway site security. Some of the features to be included are:
- Stand alone portable solution
- solar and battery power
- Sensor activation
- high intensity LED spot lights
- High resolution daylight and infrared cameras
- Support for facial recognition and number plate recognition technology
- GPS unit tracking
- local hard drive with SIM card for real time warning and image streaming
- remote site video monitoring
This is primarily being developed by volunteers from a couple of local T&H railways – we are interested in hearing from :
- ATHRA groups that wish to express an interest in the project as potential purchasers of one or more units
- ATHRA groups or individuals that wish to participate in the project development to give the ATHRA member access to the equipment at a discounted / cost price
Please send your response via email to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your contact details and someone from the project team will be in touch.